Thursday, March 5, 2009

Observations from the couch

For those of you who did not know, I had a 6 hour foot surgery on Tuesday, March 3. I came home yesterday from the hospital and am happily doped up on various pain meds. I will explain more about the surgery in later posts but I wanted to make some observations.

--When I am on pain meds, I cannot remember their names. Last night, I kept telling people I was taking copacetic and hydrox. For those not under the influence, that is Percocet and Oxycodone.

--My cat, Bubba L, ate ribbons off some balloons Michelle was kind enough to bring me. He then threw up pretty green and yellow gunk on the carpet. AND I DON'T CARE!!!

--I am the luckiest person in the world. I want to thank everyone for their prayers and support. I especially want to thank Kev and Penny Karma for bringing me home and all that entailed!! Thank you Michelle for dinner and the balloons. Amanda P., thanks for hanging out and I am so sorry that you are allergic to my house!

Thanks for reading and God bless,

Devin

3 comments:

  1. Kev and I had a great time. I love how you're keeping your sense of humor about you through it all. Hope you're feeling as chipper in the next few weeks, surrounded by kitty barf.

    Aren't Hydrox those crappy fake Oreo cookies!!! Eeeeww!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As PK and I were driving back to my place to get her car, she commented that she's never had that much fun at a hospital :) It was an adventure to be sure - but hey, we got to see a pottie chair hanging off an IV stand - and that's not something you see every day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have Hydroxaphobia. That's the fear of having to say "These aren't Oreos are the?"

    Scary stuff I tell ya.

    ReplyDelete