Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Random Wednesday Thoughts

--I am still amazed that by doing simple everyday tasks for myself, my confidence and pride in myself just sky rockets. I just cleaned the sandboxes. True, it took over 20 minutes but it is done. YAY!!!!!!


--I am ready to kill some cats! Omega has been eating flowers and then throwing up all over the place. While the physical therapist was here this morning, Omega knocked over the beautiful arrangement that a friend from church sent me, and sent water pouring all over my mail pile! The physical therapist stated that Omega needs to give up eating flowers for Lent. :)


--A list of weird shows I have seen so far while being too drugged or too tired to care:
--"The Rise of the Southern Biscuit"--a history of biscuits and country ham, along with a travelogue of the best biscuits of the South.
--An exercise show (obviously filmed in the '80's) on the Conservative Christian station. (In my defense, the only reason I watched was to figure out how Larry Rice was trying save souls through a woman jumping around in an outfit more appropriate for church, doing exercises more appropriate for physical therapy in a nursing home.)

--I am not missing work as much as I thought I would. This is not saying that I don't miss work, just that I am enjoying my time off watching movies and trashy TV.

--Havin clean hair is almost as confidence-building as being able to do things independently. Thanks, Jackie!!!!

--Blogging is awesome. Thank you so much for continuing to read my random thoughts and for putting up with me!

Thanks for reading and God bless,

Devin

2 comments:

  1. It is so good to see that you're doing well. Baby steps. Sorry this hasn't been a good week for us to come visit- and now Kat is coming down with something, so she's going to stay away...

    Blogging is such fun isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I TOTALLY remember that workout show!!! Little known factoid about me - I worked on the Channel 24 telethon one year.

    ReplyDelete